background



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Andrielle - 6 weeks old







Andrielle is 6 weeks old! It's crazy how fast it's gone. She's kind of a picky little girl. She hates her car seat and going anywhere in the car. She really doesn't like her bouncer and seems to only tolerate the swing-but still won't stay in it for more than about 20 minutes. She still isn't sleeping very well at night and for the most part I sleep on the couch with her on my chest so that we don't wake Gavin every time she cries and because she really only sleeps when someone is holding her. If anyone has any tips on how to get her to start sleeping in her own crib or the bassinet, I would love to hear them!

As of her doctor's appointment last week, she weighs 6 lbs, 15 oz and is 19.5 inches long. She is still so tiny and most of her newborn clothes still drown her, but the premie size is finally looking a little too small.

Even with all her quirks, we love having her in our family. She has been so much fun and we just adore her.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I learned this with my 2nd baby, and it takes a lot of work still. You teach them how to self comfort. So put them to bed when they are drowsy, not sleeping. Don;t feed them until they are fast asleep, instead, feed them until they are drowsy. Then put them in their bed. They expect to be where they were when they fell asleep, so if that's in your arms nursing, then that's what they think they should be doing still. If they learn to get themselves to sleep it will help. She is still very young and needs you, but if you try doing that and then put her in her own bassinet it will help. Also when wakes up, let her fuss for a few minutes before picking her up. Of course you wouldn't want to let her scream for a few minutes, but if she is jusdt fussing a little, she might only be partailly awake and fall back asleep. I learned this from my DR. and I hae a handout on it. I'll make a copy for you. maybe it will help.

sherbugs said...

I can't believe she's 6 weeks already. She is a beautiful baby girl! Kerri has tons of great advice...I'll admit that I'm one of the "suckers" that just holds their baby! ;)

Tina Braegger said...

awwww yay! I was so excited to see some more pictures! You guys sure do make a super cute baby! :)

Wetzel Family said...

Your baby is soooo cute!!! And I thought I had cute babies.:) I got pretty lucky with Maddy and Sammy they perferred sleeping in their beds but Hannah is another story and I will have to go with Sherry, I am a sucker too. She still comes to our bed at nights trying to sleep with us. Anyway good luck. It's especially hard with your first one because you just want to hold them all the time!:)