background



Friday, December 5, 2008

Bilirubin :(


Andrielle had to be put under bili lights for a few days because of her jaundice. It was miserable. In the hospital we were told her score was really good - a 6.5 We went to the pediatrician 2 days later and had her tested again and she was at an 18.5. That's a HUGE jump, so we think the first test was wrong. Bili lights were delivered to our house and we had to keep her in them for 3 days. It was so hard not being able to take her out! Her score is down now and we're just hoping it stays that way! I never realized how many things to worry about with a new baby. Hopefully this jaundice will be the worst of it.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Isn't it the pits to have to put your new sweet baby under the bili lights! We had to put Kendyl under them too...all I wanted to do was hold her, but all I got to do was look at her! Darn!
She's a beautiful girl! Hope all is well and your recovering quickly.
Jordan

Miss Laura Whitney said...

We had to do that with my little sister! But on the plus side, she looks really healthy now! I can't believe it's been 2 months, for some reason I thought it had only been a few weeks! Crazy! I need to come visit soon.