background



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Family Pics and Homemade Pretzels

Here are a few family pictures from Christmas Day, 2011. We were lucky enough to catch Andrielle and Grayden while they were both cooperative and happy.








There is something about the colder weather that just makes me want to bake! Today, I made homemade pretzels and pretzel bites. Oh man, they are SO yummy! They're super easy, too. I'm going to post the recipe, mostly because I want to pin it on Pinterest (my new favorite thing!) so that I have it to always remember (lol!).


Homemade Soft Pretzels:
Ingredients:
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
4 cups flour

Dissolve sugar in water and add yeast. Add salt and flour and knead 5-10 minutes (no, that's not a typo - and you really do need to kneed the dough that long!). Divide into 10-12 pieces. Roll out in ropes and either twist into pretzels, or cut into pieces for the pretzel bites. Brush with melted butter and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes for pretzels (or until the bottoms of the pretzels are a nice light brown), 8 minutes for pretzel bites. Brush again with butter after baking and sprinkle with coarse kosher salt, parmesan, or cinnamon & sugar. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing that recipe, I can't wait to try it! I love your family pictures too. Your kids are SO cute!