background



Friday, August 5, 2011

35/36 weeks

Last week I started having lots of contractions and major back pain, so even though I wasn't scheduled to see my doctor for another week, I made an appointment. We were supposed to leave for my grandparent's cabin to spend the weekend with my family Friday, and I didn't want to risk anything. So I went to the doctor Thursday evening, he told me I was dilated to a 2 and put me on bed rest - no cabin trip for us (though we did sneak up to spend the day there on Saturday). 5 weeks early is just a little too early to be going into labor. My mom was kind enough to take Andrielle every morning for a few hours and then picked me up and took me back to her house. It was nice having the extra help with Andrielle since I wasn't able to pick her up, and really do anything else, for that matter. However, it was super frustrating to not be able to do anything. I feel like I still have a huge to-do list before the baby comes, and I haven't been able to get any of it done.

I had another appointment last night (36 weeks). I am now dilated to a 3. Contractions still haven't stopped, I'm even more uncomfortable, and the back pain has only gotten worse. I'm now on a modified bed rest, I'm allowed to get up and move, go on short shopping trips, do a little cleaning - but still not supposed to pick up Andrielle (or any other heavy things), go running/jogging/swimming or basically do any excercise. My doctor said as of today, if I were to go into labor, he wouldn't stop anything - but it would be best if this little guy could wait at least one more week to make his entrance. He did basically guarantee that I won't be going full term. Kind of exciting - a little bit scary. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to be a mom of 2! Ready or not, I guess, huh?

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

Oooh good luck! I'm excited to see your newest addition, but I can imagine you'd prefer if he wasn't trying to come so early!