background



Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby Clippies

I've found another project....hair clips! I got the idea from a fun website and a friend in the ward. I bought alligator clips and no-slip grips (they're so cool-they're for girls with fine hair so their bows don't slip!) on eBay and then got ribbons, flowers, and brads at walmart and a scrapbook store in Sandy.


Here are the cork screw bows.... They're the most time-consuming because I have to make the cork-screw ribbon myself. I think they turned out pretty cute. If you want to know how to make your own, leave a message!


Here are the flower clips. I bought artificial flowers and just cut off the flower part from the stem and glued it on the clip.


These ones are my least favorite. They're just ribbon shaped into bows and then there are also two examples of the alligator clips covered with ribbon before having a flower glued on.


These ones are actually scrapbooking embellishments. They're little flowers connected with brads and then hot-glued to the ribbon-covered clips.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Super cute! I haven't tired these yet!

sherbugs said...

Those corkscrew ribbons take FOREVER! I'm so impressed that you made them. They all turned out so cute...what a stylin' daughter you'll have ;)